Thursday, September 16, 2010
Total Contol
“Africa has political power but lacks economic power.” Every Tuesdays and Thursday, I attend Afro American Studies taught by Dr. Greg Carr. This Thursday, our class had an interesting discussion on Africa. I thought it was very appropriate since I had just finished reading Barack Obama, “Dreams from My Father”. Dr. Carr stated that even though Africa can make its own laws, they still cannot control their economy. I believe that if Africa was totally independent they would not be a poor nation. The Europeans came over to Africa and observed that they could make a profit off of them. This issue is holding Africans back tremendously. As Americas, we should fight for Africa seeing they don’t have the finances to fight for themselves. In Africa, they have many gold and diamond mines. Europeans are making Africans dig up their own land and taking the fortune back home. Americans have known this for many years and yet, we have done nothing. When does this non-sense stop? When will Americans, especially African Americans, help stop violence in Africa? It is imperative for America and the rest of the world to end the issues of Africa. Many Africans are mistreated and abused every day. This is completely unacceptable. We must have world peace to be able to prosper and move forward. Over all, many people suffer every day because their country to being controlled by another. It is time for us to help others fight for their FULL independence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment