Thursday, September 23, 2010
Texting and Driving
Over the past decade many accidents and deaths have been caused by the use of a cell phone, specially, texting. Drivers must pay attention to everything that is on the road. In a split second anything could happen to cause an accident. Therefore, if you are not paying attention your car could be towed or even worse you could end up died. So why do we text and drive? I say we, because yes I am guilty. I have, on occasion, text and drove. While I am doing it, I think to myself, “Wow this takes so much attention off the road.” Many young people are losing their lives because of this issue. We have to stop, trust me that text can wait until you reach your destination. Over the past couple of years, Oprah has raised awareness about texting and driving. The Kardashians have also raised awareness with about this epidemic. Over the summer, the state of Michigan passed laws stating that if caught texting or on the phone there is a $200 fine. I believe that more states need to pass laws about this issue. We need our young people here because we are the next generation. So people please, stop texting and driving. I promise you it is not worth the consequence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment