Thursday, September 9, 2010

Moving Forward

On September 11, 2001, America took one of its hardest blows. I remember I was in the gym class that day and my teacher kept coming in and out of the classroom. People were frantic but I didn’t think anything of it because I was just a child. My father came to my school and took me home early. I didn’t know what was going on but I knew something was wrong. Later that evening and days after, I would see cruel images on the television which is now known as 9/11. A few months ago, there has been speculation of a Mosque being built on ground zero. Many Americans are very angry at that decision. Even though ground zero is a touchy place, I believe that Muslims have a right in America just as anyone else. Since 9/11 the Muslim race and religion have been discriminated against and persecuted. The event that took place on 9/11 was horrendous. Americans all over were hurt and mad and had every right to be. However, all Muslims should not be treated badly. In the world, good and bad both exist. Therefore, all Muslims are not bad people and should be entitled to every right like I am. I believe that as Americans we can all come together and work together so stop violence against other nations. No race or religion is superior to any other race or religion. Moreover, Muslims should be able to build their Mosque at ground zero because it’s their right as American Citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment