2455 4th St NW
Washington, DC 20001
November 22, 2010
Robert I. Grimes
Chief
9001 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48202
Dear Mr. Grimes,
I attended Detroit Public Schools for 9 years. While I was there, I witnessed many young girls who did not have positive role models in their lives. I witnessed young girls who were not as fortunate to participate in after school activities and also young ladies who were not taught proper etiquette and manners. It is imperative that we help get innocent young people off the streets of Detroit so that they will not join gangs or get involve in prostitution. If we can get our ladies involve in an extraordinary after school activity program we will be setting them up for success.
I propose to work with our young women from middle to high school and get them involve in L.O.V.E. (Learning Original Values Every day). This program is created to teach our women how to be successful African American women while living in the inner city. Even though this unsafe environment may lead others astray, we can still teach our girls to reach for the stars. L.O.V.E. will begin every day after school and end around 6 pm. It will also allow girls to network with other young ladies and meet prominent people from the City of Detroit. We will have workshops including, sex education, etiquette, and reaching for success for the young ladies to work on while involved in the program. L.O.V.E. mentors are women who are dedicated, educated, and sophisticated. L.O.V.E. motto is “Assuming the Persona of who are to become”. In order for our African American women to succeed, we must teach that they are special virtues. Along with the community of Detroit, parents of these young girls are very excited about L.O.V.E. They believe it will be a huge success and is exactly what their daughters need.
Mr. Grimes, I would like to thank you personally and from my staff at L.O.V.E for taking the time out of your busy schedule and reading this letter. I would like to request a meeting be set up by next work so that we can put this project in motion for next school year. I have a petition up at all of the middle and high school in the Detroit area for students, parents, and faculty to sign so that we can show how successful L.O.V.E. is going to be. Again, I thank you so much for you time and patients.
Sincerely,
No comments:
Post a Comment